Design and fit
Evolution is a beautifully styled Jumping saddle made with a cowhide covered flap and skirt. It tends to suit horses with medium withers and a flatter back.
Features and benefits
- Built on a laminated beech wood tree
- An open, seat allows for added rider security and comfort
- Cowhide covered flaps and skirts that give comfort to the rider
- The knee pad is moulded around the knee block to give instant shape and high levels of support to the rider’s leg
- Fixed blocks as standard, velcro blocks options available
- A generous gullet minimises pressure on the horse’s spine
- Full-length front gusset comes as standard, with the option of a 3⁄4 gusset or no front gusset
- EXP (Extended Point System) helps distribute pressure from the point of the saddle tree when the horse lands from a jump
- Available with choice of two panels.
- a woollen bag panel (mono flap) – the wool flocking helps fill out uneven contours and atrophy, good for riders who want close contact
- a wool panel (twin flap)- the wool flocking helps fill out uneven contours and atrophy
- Flexible wool-flocked panels, have a wide bearing surface, enhancing freedom in the horse’s shoulder area, allowing maximum movement
- See Build My Baines for full colour options and other materials
Also available as a mono version for the rider who prefers close contact
For a deeper seat and tree we also offer the Edessa, which has the same visual appearance
Follow us on Instagram or Facebook
We’ve been making the finest hand-crafted saddles and equine goods since 1982. Ensuring your horses’ comfort and welfare is our ultimate goal and at the heart of every saddle we make. Our skilled craftspeople custom-make every saddle by hand, from the first cut to the last stitch. We use only the highest quality raw materials, luxurious leathers, patents, crystals, and welting to ensure all saddles meets our exacting standards and stand the test of time.
At Frank Baines Saddlery we focus on fit, so we only sell our saddles through our network of Approved Stockists. All of them have met our rigorous requirements and are qualified, saddle fitters. Together, we support you during your saddle buying journey, to ensure you get the ultimate fit for your horse and cutting edge design that you will love.
Our mission is to make the finest quality saddle that gives you balance, stability, comfort and maximum performance; a saddle that give you and your horse hours of happy riding. We combine the finest traditions and artisan skills with luxurious, top quality materials to produce innovative, award winning saddles, loved by riders all over the world.