Design and fit
The mono flap, Operetta close contact Dressage saddle, offers sleek, streamlined design, packed with a range of features. The tree used for this dressage saddle gives a versatile fit as it suits a broad range of horses and riders. It is a good option for horses with medium to high withers and a slight curve to the back.
Features and benefits
- Built on a brand-new hybrid laminated beech wood tree
- Hook Bar fitted as standard
- A broad seat with a narrow feel, giving you the optimum riding position
- For close contact:
- A slim front-gusset with a medium head
- A sleek wool-flocked, mono flap that moulds to your horse
- A wide gullet gives the horse’s spine greater clearance, ensuring free movement
- Concealed V-girthing system gives you even girthing pressure to improve horses comfort
- An exterior thigh block that perfectly aligns the leg position for maximum control
- Mono flap as standard
- Available in a short (-25mm), standard or long flap (+25mm)
- Leathers available are plain full grain, genuine buffalo, bison print, memel print in black and brown (See Build My Baines for full colour options and other materials )
We’ve been making the finest hand-crafted saddles and equine goods since 1982. Ensuring your horses’ comfort and welfare is our ultimate goal and at the heart of every saddle we make. Our skilled craftspeople custom-make every saddle by hand, from the first cut to the last stitch. We use only the highest quality raw materials, luxurious leathers, patents, crystals, and welting to ensure all saddles meets our exacting standards and stand the test of time.
At Frank Baines Saddlery we focus on fit, so we only sell our saddles through our network of Approved Stockists. All of them have met our rigorous requirements and are qualified, saddle fitters. Together, we support you during your saddle buying journey, to ensure you get the ultimate fit for your horse and cutting edge design that you will love.
Our mission is to make the finest quality saddle that gives you balance, stability, comfort and maximum performance; a saddle that give you and your horse hours of happy riding. We combine the finest traditions and artisan skills with luxurious, top quality materials to produce innovative, award winning saddles, loved by riders all over the world.